Ride the Bus Around Hartford 🚎🚎🚎
Recommended options around Hartford:
1) Ride free with Bantam Bus Pass: Trinity students may contact the Office of Community Service and Civic Engagement in Mather basement to request a Bantam Bus Pass for unlimited free rides on the CT Transit bus system. Or pay the regular one-way adult fare of $1.75 and bring exact change.
Bus routes that stop at Trinity College:
Use any of these busses to head to downtown Hartford (a 15-minute ride) to transfer to other routes.
- 37-39-41 New Britain Ave bus route
- to head downtown, catch bus at Henry St (The Tap)
- stop at Main and Arch Street (for Hartford Public Library, City Hall, Wadsworth museum)
- stop at Main and Central Row (short walk to 10 Constitution Plaza, Trinity downtown campus )
- to head back to campus, catch bus at Main and Pearl (Gold Building)
- 61 Broad Street bus route
- to head downtown, catch bus at Vernon St (Trinfo Cafe)
- stop at Capitol Ave (for State Capitol, Bushnell)
- stop at Pearl and Lewis St (short walk to 10 Constitution Plaza, Trinity downtown campus)
- to head back to campus, catch bus at Main and Gold St (across from Wadsworth museum)
Highly recommended: download the free Transit app (screenshot at right) to your Apple or Android smartphone for directions and real-time bus data.
See real-time bus data in the map below (open map in a new tab) by Action Lab web developer Ilya Ilyankou ’18.
Or use Google Maps Directions to plan your trip.
4) Carpool with others headed to the same location.
5) Zip Car service, which charges by the hour. Enroll at http://www.zipcar.com/trinity/
6) Reserve and rent a vehicle from Trinity Facilities: Students, staff, and faculty who are College-approved drivers can rent a vehicle (such as a 7-passenger minivan) from Trinity Facilities. For vehicles transporting more than 7 people, Connecticut law requires the driver to hold an “F” endorsement on their license.
- To become a College-approved driver, complete the Driver Application form and have it signed by a faculty sponsor, advisor, or department chair/director. Submit the form to Carol Kessel in the Business Office for processing.
- After a driver has been approved by the College, reserve a vehicle by contacting Trinity Facilities office on New Britain Avenue to sign up in person. You will need a Trinity account number (which we can provide for a CLI course) for the mileage that will be charged (at the federal rate of $0.58 per mile). The authorized driver is responsible for picking up the keys and the mileage form from Facilities, and dropping them back off at with the mileage numbers on the form.